RCC RLAY!

ひろしま戦前の風景 43.本通りと袋町周辺
[43] Near Hon-dori and Fukuro-machi

昭和13年(1938年)ころ 撮影:吉岡信一氏 提供:広島市公文書館 広島市中区本通など

初めのカットは本通り交差点の東から西を撮影。反対側から撮影したカットもある。
本通り交差点から南を撮影したカットで電車道にせり出す黒い影は国泰寺の大クスノキ。
国の天然記念物で大切に扱われ、境内の外に張り出した根を保護するため、歩道は盛り上げ、電車軌道も根を避け湾曲して敷設された。
クスノキの手前の建物は日本銀行広島支店で、現存する被爆建物である。クスノキは原爆で焼失、焼け残った根は戦後撤去された。
和風の門は、昭和10年(1935年)に竣工した山陽記念館の入り口。江戸時代の学者、頼山陽が脱藩の罪で幽閉され「日本外史」を執筆した居室(昭和11年に国の史跡指定)と資料を展示する記念館のカットがある。
居室は原爆で焼失、コンクリート造りの記念館も大破し展示品は内部火災で焼失した。現在は頼山陽史跡資料館として再建されている。
参考資料:「ヒロシマの被爆建造物は語る」 広島平和記念資料館 1996年、RCCニュース 2008/07/25放送より
Filmed circa 1938 (Showa 13) by Shinichi Yoshioka
Original film courtesy of Hiroshima Municipal Archives
Hon-dori, Naka Ward, Hiroshima City, and other locations
The initial cut shows Hon-dori intersection seen from the east. There is also a cut shot from the opposite direction. The cut looking south from Hon-dori intersection shows the great camphor tree of Kokutaiji Temple casting a shadow over the tram road. The tree was designated by the national government as a Natural Monument, and the sidewalk was raised and the tramway tracks were detoured in order to protect its roots, which had outgrown the temple precincts. The building in front of the camphor tree is the Hiroshima Branch of the Bank of Japan, which survived the atomic bombing. The camphor tree did not, and what remained of the roots were removed after the war. The footage also shows the traditional Japanese-style gate leading to Sanyo Kinenkan, a museum dedicated to Edo-period scholar Rai Sanyo. Built in 1935, Sanyo Kinenkan comprised a concrete building exhibiting items related to Rai, as well as a detached room (designated as a National Historic Site in 1936) where Rai wrote Nihon Gaishi [Unofficial History of Japan] after he was confined there as punishment for deserting his han (domain). The room was lost to the atomic bombing, as were the contents of the museum. The concrete building suffered major damage. The museum was rebuilt and is today open to the public as Rai Sanyo Shiseki Museum.
References: Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Architectural Witnesses to the Atomic Bombing—A Record for the Future (1996); RCC News, broadcast on July 25, 2008.

RCCテレビ60年特別配信『ひろしま 戦前の風景』

ピックアップ