RCC RLAY!

ひろしま戦前の風景 5.「Hukuya Department Store 13.4.1」より
[5] From “Fukuya Department Store 13. 4. 1.”

昭和12年~昭和13年(1937年~1938年)撮影:金田民夫氏 提供:広島平和記念資料館
中区胡町、八丁堀

昭和4年(1929年)に開業し年々賑わいを増す八丁堀で業務を広げた福屋百貨店は、昭和13年4月1日、南向かいに、冷暖房施設を備えた地下2階、地上8階の新館を開店した。
この映像は建築中の昭和12年から、開店した昭和13年4月1日ごろに撮影されたもの。開店でにぎわう福屋周辺や金座街、売り場、向かいの福屋旧館、建築中の新館、東に位置する7階建ての中国新聞社新館、行き交う市内電車や自動車などを紹介している。
新館開店と同日、国家総動員法が公布された。福屋百貨店新館は修復を重ねながら現在も福屋店舗として使用されている。
Filmed 1937–38 (Showa 12–13) by Tamio Kaneda
Original film courtesy of Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
Ebisu-cho and Hacchobori, Naka Ward
Fukuya Department Store opened in Hacchobori in 1929, and expanded in sync with Hacchobori’s growth as a commercial district. On April 1, 1938, the department store opened a new annex—with eight floors above ground, two floors below, and year-round air conditioning—on the south side of the same street. This film records the annex during construction in 1937, and after it opened for business on April 1, 1938. The footage shows the busy neighborhood of Fukuya and Kinzagai Street, the sales floors of the department store, the original Fukuya building on the opposite side of the road, the new annex under construction, the seven-storied new annex of the Chugoku Shimbun building to the east, and busy traffic of trams and automobiles. The National Mobilization Law was promulgated on the very day Fukuya’s new annex opened. Today the building, after undergoing numerous renovations, continues to house the Fukuya Department Store.

RCCテレビ60年特別配信『ひろしま 戦前の風景』

ピックアップ