RCC RLAY!

ひろしま戦前の風景 53.山陽本線で福山へ
[53]Taking the Sanyo Main Line to Fukuyama

昭和12年(1937年)ころ 撮影:小川民蔵氏 福山市三之丸町ほか

国鉄山陽本線で松永駅を通過し福山駅で下車、福山城と草戸大橋を散策する家族の様子が撮影されている。福山駅は福山城三の丸付近を整備し、明治時代に私鉄山陽鉄道の停車場として開業した。
その後山陽鉄道は国有化、鞆軽便鉄道や両備軽便鉄道の接続を経て、手狭になった駅舎は昭和5年(1930年)に一新された。
福山城側の駅裏には貨物倉庫が立ち並び、機関庫も誘致、福山駅は備後地方の流通拠点となった。福山城は1619年に築城。明治以後は公園として整備され、この動画が撮影された頃には、天守閣、伏見櫓、筋鉄御門が国宝に指定されていた。しかし天守閣は昭和20年の空襲で焼失、戦後再建され、現在は博物館となっている。
映像にある大きな銅像は、大正11年(1922年)に建立された安倍正弘像と思われるが現在は残っていない。現在公園内には、戦後に別途建立された安倍正弘像がある。
後半の草戸大橋(銭取橋)は福山駅から約2km、昭和7年(1932年)に木造から鉄筋コンクリートに建て替えられた。近くには初詣スポットとして賑わう草戸稲荷神社などがある。
参考資料:「福山市史 下巻」 福山市史編纂会 1978年
Filmed circa 1937 (Showa 12) by Tamizo Ogawa
Sannomaru-cho, Fukuyama City, and other locations
The footage records a family trip to Fukuyama. The family took a National Railway Sanyo Main Line train to Fukuyama Station via Matsunaga Station, and explored Fukuyama Castle and Kusado Ohashi Bridge on foot. Fukuyama Station was first opened in the Meiji era by the private railway company Sanyo Railway near the former sannomaru (one of the outer areas constituting the castle grounds) of Fukuyama Castle. After Sanyo Railway was nationalized, it also served as a station for the narrow-gauge railways Tomo Keiben Tetsudo and Ryobi Keiben Tetsudo. In 1930 the station was rebuilt to make it larger. Freight warehouses were built on the Fukuyama Castle side, or rear, of the station. It also hosted a roundhouse, becoming Bingo region’s important distribution hub. Fukuyama Castle was built in 1619. It became a park after the Meiji era, and when this film was made its Tenshukaku (main keep), Fushimi Yagura (keep or tower), and Sujigane Gomon (gate) were National Treasures. The main keep was lost to air raids in 1945, and was reconstructed after the war. It now houses a museum. The large bronze statue in the footage was probably the statue of Abe Masahiro erected in 1922, which no longer exists. The Abe Masahiro statue at the park today was installed after the war. Kusado Ohashi Bridge (also known as Zenitori-bashi), shown in the second half of the footage, is located roughly 2 km from Fukuyama Station. The original wooden bridge was replaced by a reinforced concrete bridge in 1932. Kusado Inari Shrine nearby receives large numbers of worshippers during the New Year’s holidays.
Reference: Fukuyama Shishi Hensan Kai, Fukuyama Shishi Gekan [History of Fukuyama City, Last Volume] (1978)

RCCテレビ60年特別配信『ひろしま 戦前の風景』

ピックアップ