RCC RLAY!

ひろしま戦前の風景 33.安芸国分寺跡にサイクリング
[33]Cycling Trip to the Aki Kokubunji Site

昭和15年(1940年)ころ 撮影:池森修三氏 東広島市西条町

国分寺は奈良時代に聖武天皇が国家鎮護を目的に全国に建立したもので、安芸の国(広島県西部)の国分寺は、昭和7年(1932年)から発掘調査が始まり、賀茂郡西条町に存在したことが確認された。
昭和11年(1936年)、塔跡のみが史跡指定された。
映像には、史跡指定により整備が終わった国分寺跡(塔跡)を自転車で訪れる様子が撮影されている。
戦後は1966年から大規模な発掘調査が行なわれ、現在は伽藍跡なども含め広範囲が史跡指定されている。
Filmed circa 1940 (Showa 15) by Shuzo Ikemori
Saijo-cho, Higashihiroshima City
Kokubunji (lit. provincial temple) were temples established in each province during the Nara period by Emperor Shomu, who sought Buddhist protection of the nation through the project. The kokubunji of Aki Province (western part of today’s Hiroshima Prefecture) was located in Saijo-cho, Kamo-gun, according to evidence unearthed by archeological excavations first carried out in 1932. In 1936, the part of the former Kokubunji site that includes the remains of a pagoda was designated as a Historic Site. The footage records a cycling trip to the site, which was prepared for the visiting public following the designation. After World War II, major excavations were resumed in 1966, and today a greater part of the site, including remains of temple buildings, has received Historic Site designation.

RCCテレビ60年特別配信『ひろしま 戦前の風景』

ピックアップ