RCC RLAY!

ひろしま戦前の風景 29.井の口海岸
[29] Inokuchi Beach

大正15年(1926年)11月 撮影:藤井重一氏 広島市西区井口明神

井の口海岸は、明治時代末まで小己斐島(こごいじま)の岩礁が海辺に浮かぶ、絵葉書になるほどの景勝地で、「男明神島」と「女明神島」の夫婦島として知られていた。
しかし大正13年(1924年)に国鉄山陽本線と平行する形で広島瓦斯電軌(現広島電鉄)宮島線が区間開通、更に昭和8年(1933年)海側に観光道路が開通し、女明神島は姿を消す。
この映像は、女明神島が完全に姿を消す直前の夫婦岩時代と、山陽本線を走る蒸気機関車、宮島線を走るチンチン電車をとらえている。
「男明神島」の方も、1982年に完成した大規模な周辺の埋立事業により島ではなくなり、西部埋立第二公園内に「小己斐島」と表記、保存されている。海ははるか1㎞先となった。
参考資料 「広島県の歴史絵はがきと観光資料」 広島県立文書館 2010年
Filmed November 1926 (Taisho 15) by Shuichi Fujii
Inokuchimyojin, Nishi Ward, Hiroshima City
Inokuchi Beach was a popular picture-postcard spot until the end of the Meiji era, famous for the reefs of Kogoijima, and for the pair of islands Otokomyojin and Onnamyojin. However, one of the pair, Onnamyojin, disappeared completely as a result of the 1924 arrival of the Miyajima Line operated by Hiroshima Gasudenki (today’s Hiroshima Electric Railway), which ran parallel to the National Railway Sanyo Main Line, and the opening in 1933 of a seafront road for tourist traffic. This footage records the pair of islands shortly before Onnamyojin disappeared entirely, along with a Sanyo Main Line steam locomotive and Miyajima Line tram. The remaining Otokomyojin also ceased to be an island in 1982 as a result of a major reclamation project in the surrounding area. The former island, now 1 km inland, is indicated today by a plaque bearing the legend “Kogoijima Island,” found within Seibu Umetate Daini Park.
Reference: Hiroshima Prefectural Archives, Hiroshima-ken no Rekishi-ehagaki to Kanko-shiryo [Hiroshima Prefecture’s Historical Postcards and Tourism Materials] (2010)

RCCテレビ60年特別配信『ひろしま 戦前の風景』

ピックアップ