RCC RLAY!

ひろしま戦前の風景 19.千光寺公園ドライブ
[19]Driving Excursion to Senkoji Park

昭和12年(1937年)ころ 撮影:小川民蔵氏 尾道市東土堂など

撮影されたころの千光寺公園は、公園敷地を寄付した千光寺付近が賑わいの中心で、桜の名所として知られていた。円形ドーム型の鳥小屋もあった。
映像には坂道を上がる自動車、旧展望台(現在の千光寺山頂付近ではなく西寄り=尾道駅寄りにあった)、千光寺、公園の鳥、高台から撮影した尾道水道のほか、休日を楽しむ家族の楽しそうな様子が記録されている。
なお、旧展望台は昭和24年ころ建設されたとの記載本もあるが、複数の尾道在住者が、戦前からあったと証言している。
Filmed circa 1937 (Showa 12) by Tamizo Ogawa Higashitsuchido, Onomichi City, and other locations
At the time this film was made, the part of Senkoji Park that drew visitors most was the area around Senkoji Temple, a renowned cherry blossom spot. The park grounds were originally land belonging to Senkoji Temple, which the temple had donated for use as a park. The park also had a dome-shaped birdhouse. The footage shows an automobile journeying uphill, the former observation platform (which was located further west, closer to Onomichi Station than the current one near the summit of Mt. Senkoji), Senkoji Temple, birds in the park, a view of Onomichi Channel from a vantage point, and families enjoying their days out. Although some sources date the construction of the former observation platform to around 1949, quite a few local residents remember it from before the war.

RCCテレビ60年特別配信『ひろしま 戦前の風景』

ピックアップ